Support Worker Level 1
Highland Aftercare, Inverness
Salary: SCP 19 – 22 (£17,918 – £19,395 per annum) + sleep-in pay of £4,670 per annum
Working Hours: 35 hours weekly + 1.17 sleep-ins weekly
Closing Date: 05:00pm, Sunday 16 February 2020
Interview Date: Wednesday 19 February 2020
Do you share our commitment to supporting positive change in people’s lives?
Ypeople has over 200 staff and volunteers and supports hundreds of people every day in our homelessness, young people’s wellbeing and out of school care services.
We are recruiting for a Support Worker Level 1 for our Highland After Care services. This role is based in Inverness. Our Highland After Care services provide 24-hour supported accommodation and reach out support to young people aged 16-26.
How you will make a difference:
- Actively practising person-centred planning and unconditional positive regard.
- Facilitating key-work meetings.
- Developing life skills with those we support (meaningful activities, budgeting, shopping, cooking, etc.).
- Planning, implementing and developing workshops or programme activities with the people we support.
What you will bring:
- Personal values aligned with Ypeople’s core values.
- SVQ level 3 Social Services and Healthcare or SCQF equivalent (or are willing to work towards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels in a variety of situations
- Understanding of issues surrounding young people transitioning from care into adult housing support services and independent living.
How we will support you:
- Competitive salary, company pension, childcare vouchers, life assurance.
- Generous annual leave entitlement (6 weeks in the first year rising to 8 weeks from the second).
- Excellent development opportunities (access to varied training and qualifications).
If you would like to apply, please send a completed application form to .
Youth Counsellor (Fixed Term - 31/12/2020)Read More >
Salary: SCP 26-32 (£15,002 - £16,330 per annum)
Working Hours: 24 hours per week
Closing Date: Monday, 17 February, 2020
Interview Date: Monday, 24 February, 2020
Support Worker Level 1Read More >
Salary: £19,966 to £21,612 per annum
Working Hours: 39 hours per week, including weekends and evening shifts
Closing Date: 05:00pm, Wednesday, 26 February, 2020
Interview Date: Wednesday, 04 March, 2020
Casual Support Worker (Residential, Children and Young People)Read More >
Carriview, Residential Care Service
Salary: £10.10 per hour
Closing Date: On-going