Do you share our commitment to supporting positive change in people’s lives?
Ypeople are seeking new additions to the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors are the most senior officers in the company, and are
responsible for the governance of Ypeople.
The role includes:
- Setting the strategy for the organisation, and monitoring its progress
- Overseeing financial and risk management
- Providing strong leadership, and being a positive role model
- Ensuring we comply with all statutory, regulatory and ethical standards
We believe that diversity leads to
better decision making
We are particularly keen to strengthen the diversity of the board in a number of
ways, to ensure that our board is representative of the people we serve, and so:
- We encourage applications from women, as we have recently had female Board members leave the Board to pursue their careers.
- We encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented on the board.
- We encourage applications from those in the LGBTQ+ community as we recognise the importance and relevance of the voices of this group to the work that Ypeople do.
- We encourage applications from people with lived experience of the type of
support we offer. This might include lived experience of homelessness or care.
Board members should have the following personal attributes:
- Sharing our passion to end homelessness and give young people the best start in life.
- A commitment of a minimum of 3 hours per month, to attend meetings. Meetings are usually held in the evenings, in our Glasgow head office, and travel expenses are reimbursed.
- A commitment to attend our annual strategic planning sessions, usually held in February and involving 2 full days with an overnight stay.
- Influence and networks within your sector or field.
- A positive, proactive attitude evidenced through sound, independent judgement and confident decision making.
- An understanding of charity governance and the duties of a charity trustee.
- For more details See: “The Scottish Governance Code for the Third Sector“.
To apply please download our Board Member recruitment pack from the link below.
Senior Support WorkerRead More >
Edinburgh Accommodation Service
20 Crewe Road Gardens
Salary: £21,997 - £24,138
Working Hours: 39 hours per week
Closing Date: Tuesday 3rd September 2019
Interview Date: 11 September 2019
Finance AdministratorRead More >
Ypeople Head Office
Salary: £19,288 – £21,398 per annum
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing Date: Thursday 29 August 2019
Support Worker Level 1 Read More >
Fusion Supported Accommodation, Edinburgh
Salary: £19,768 - £21,398 per annum
Working Hours: 39 hours per week on average
Closing Date: 5pm on Monday 26 August 2019
Provisional Interview Date: 9 September 2019